Happy Friday! I hope everyone is gearing up for a weekend of FUN for St. Patrick's day. To celebrate the holiday, we created a fun DIY green and gold glitter crown to rock during the parades... you wont see us getting pinched!
Here is what you'll need:
1. Hot glue gun and extra glue sticks (just in case)
3. Wire cutters
4. 16" x 1" strip of fabric of your choice-- ours is a fun glittery gold cotton
5. Elastic.. measurement is up to you. We suggest starting with 12" (more if you have extra thick hair)
6. Needle and thread or sewing machine
7. Embellishment of choice-- we chose a Christmas garland from Michael's Supply Store
1. Start by cutting your glitter leaves into separate pieces 2. Find the center back of your fabric strip, apply glue to the top half, and place your leaf face down.
3. Continue this pattern on each end using large to small pieces to create your crown. 4. Apply glue to the bottom half of your fabric and fold over the leaf ends leaving 1/2" unglued at each end.
5. Stitch one end of elastic between the fabric folds on one end. 6. Place the crown on your head and measure the elastic to the other end of the fabric strip. Don't forget to allow 1/2" seam allowance at the end. 7. To complete, stitch the remaining elastic end to your crown.
How does yours look??